• View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Sally X Monkey Khan?

Discuss Sonic games, comics, other TV shows, etc. in here.

Re: Sally X Monkey Khan?

Postby Asher Tye on September 21st, 2009, 12:40 am

Probably not as frosty as that one went. Of course given that Khan hasn't actually made any moves on Sally (beyond the whole hurt warrior thing), we may simply be jumping the gun. All we know for sure is that he wasn't exactly upset to find out that Sally and Sonic were no longer an item.
    Proud Fan of Sonic Underground.

"The evil that men do is nothing compared to the evil that we do."
    - G'Narl; Overlord.
    Asher Tye

Postby nekochanpurr on September 21st, 2009, 3:22 am

This is true. They might be trying to hold off and see how it will go through fan letters stating yey or ney.. Who knows.
    Personally, i'm guessing whats going to happen is Sally is gunna go on a few dates with him, and the resolute will be ruffling Sonic's feathers.. Not that he didn't date. lol
    nekochanpurr

Postby bossmanham on September 21st, 2009, 11:10 pm

Ian recently hinted that the discussion taking place is exactly what he wanted and that this would end up as a surprise. Who knows.
    bossmanham

Postby Renee on October 25th, 2009, 6:29 pm

bossmanham wrote:Ian recently hinted that the discussion taking place is exactly what he wanted and that this would end up as a surprise. Who knows.

I'm not sure what to think of this, it sounds like he's planning on using the same plot device that the other writers have used for Sonic and Sally(a love triangle). In that case, it's not much of a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, Sally x Monkey Khan is the last thing I want to see happen and I'm dying to see Sonic and Sal get back together, but this just seems so predictable. Sally's attraction to Monkey Khan seems rushed and even a little random.

Maybe Ian is just doing this to throw us off and has something different planned, but I have my doubts.

How do you guys feel about this(it was in issue 205):

I guess it's confirmed that Sally is falling for him now, but it could(and probably is) just Ian's way of bringing Sonic and Sally back together.

Sally x Monkey Khan seems to be getting a lot of "boos" from the fans, so I doubt he's going to actually go through with it.

Either way I'll be a little disappointed.
    Renee

Postby Hazel on October 25th, 2009, 7:19 pm

I can't decide what Ian's up to. I kinda think this is a red herring, but then again, I had a tough time believing that Sonic hooked up with Fiona when that happened. Especially given the rift it would form between him and Tails. Eh. I don't know what will happen. Sally and Monkey Khan seems pretty random to me. :nervous:
    Visit my DeviantArt Gallery.
    ...go to the beach. To rust.
    Hazel

Postby bwrosas on November 20th, 2009, 6:43 am

as said at the end of my recent vids at youtube, let's let it play out and see what happens, beside we all know Ian's a fan of Sonic/Sally, and remember he said he like teasing us with things like this. So let's just let it play out.
    bwrosas

Postby Quexinos on December 8th, 2009, 12:44 am

Lol so... really this was a surprise to me. I have NOT been keeping up with the comic AT ALL so I didn't even know Sally and Sonic broke up. Haven't they done that before though?

Really, I don't like the Sally in the comics anyway and I don't consider it official SatAM canon or anything of the sort. Sonic has Sally in SatAM and that's all that matters to me. Having said that, it might surprise many, but I'd actually support a SonicXAmy ending in the comic.
    Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

Quexinos
    Site Contributor

Postby PorpoiseMuffins on December 9th, 2009, 12:21 am

Ooohhhh man, hahaha. This is getting interesting. I have to catch up with the last few issues.
    "When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
    -Buckminster Fuller

*Porpoise avatar doodle by AmyRose82
    PorpoiseMuffins
    Founder, Admin

Postby David Lynch on December 9th, 2009, 1:13 am

Ha, ha, I think I just died a little inside. :tonguewave:
    David Lynch

Postby bwrosas on December 9th, 2009, 4:07 am

Quexinos wrote:Image

Lol so... really this was a surprise to me. I have NOT been keeping up with the comic AT ALL so I didn't even know Sally and Sonic broke up. Haven't they done that before though?

Really, I don't like the Sally in the comics anyway and I don't consider it official SatAM canon or anything of the sort. Sonic has Sally in SatAM and that's all that matters to me. Having said that, it might surprise many, but I'd actually support a SonicXAmy ending in the comic.

Ian has something planned, I mean he at one time did say he was a SonSal supporter, besides ever read other-m?, makes you wonder.
    bwrosas

Postby Picchi on December 10th, 2009, 7:03 am

I can already see that these pairings aren't going to last, and for numerous reasons. For starters, even if we didn't take into account Ian's "no stready relationships for Sonic" statement, in order for Sonic/Amy to preservere, it would require Sally to be in a more long-term relationship with Khan-- which isn't going to happen because fans are going to object to this whether they're SonSal fans or not. Why?

Simple. One, of all characters, its Khan being paired with Sally, a character that's been generally disliked amongst the fans. Two, how Ian writes him. Khan is so annoyingly wangst-ridden, mopey, and tempermental that, it makes Shadow the Hedgehog look comparitively normal. Put all this in a blender and add in the fact that he and Sally develop a relationship in an abnormally short period of time and you have discord coming in from both sides. Because if you were a fan of SonSal, your obviously not going to be bought in by some guy you probably didn't even like in the first place, who all of a sudden comes in and sweeps Sally off her feet with little development.

And even if you didn't like Sally or the SonSal relationship, and wanted her out of the way and with someone else, to have her date Khan would mean that you'd have to stomach not only her but more of both of them, more than you already have to. Not to mention you'd then have to deal with the incessant moping that would normally be in character for Sonic upon realizing that they're 'official'.

If Ian were honestly sincere about Sally being with someone else, don't you think he would have put more thought into who the guy was? That he would have chosen someone that fans would have approved of more? Like say, Shadow for example, or Knuckles? And even if that weren't the case, don't you think he would have invested more time into the development of these two characters like he did with SonSal instead of trying to rush them together? After all, Khan "isn't very popular", amirite?

Oh yeah, and before someone says it, I AM aware that he's Ian's little "pet project", or so he says he is on his board, but even if that were true, keep in mind, that that came BEFORE the idea to pair him with Sally. Just because Ian's supposedly writing him with the intent to be liked more as a character (and failing), doesn't mean Khan's being written with the assumption to actually win against Sonic for Sally's affections in the long run. Ian may say who Sally and Sonic are with is "up to the fans", but how the heck is this much of a choice? Oh sure, Sonic's picking up Amy on the rebound, but SonAmy's development all relies on Sally being in a relationship that won't last. He picks a guy for her that wasn't very popular with the fans to begin with, then rushes them into a relationship and expects the fans to feel as though they have a choice? This Sally/Khan pairing feels as though its being written with the intention to fail.

Sonic will eventually reconcille with Sally, Amy will return to being a backburner love interest and in the end, Ian will point the finger to the fans and argue that "this is what they wanted". Psh, yeah right. This reeks of yet another PR stunt, and I am not amused. He's just wasting our time with this, using his pretentiousness as some attempted vehichle for suspense when we already know what he wants to do with this love square, anyway.
    Picchi

Postby David Lynch on December 10th, 2009, 6:33 pm

You're probably right Picci, I can't remember a time the internet predictions for Flynn's storylines turned out to be false.
    David Lynch

Postby henryii on January 20th, 2010, 5:21 am

well it looks like at least by Sonic #212 she'll choose sonic

ugh :glare: :robotnikthumbsdown:
    this current story arc has alot of fail riding on it. not just because that their doesn't seem to be much of a point to it and not just because nothing really is happening plot or character wise for there to justifies this many issues. The main reason being this love triangle. which in my opinion is a character derailment close to sally slapping sonic.

this makes very little sense from the character's point of view. first of all they've been slowly getting back together, when all of a sudden monkey khan comes in with no build up saying
    "will you have my babies?"
    with sally replying
    YES!

I mean they friggin fought together as kids. you don't get any closer then in war man, you just don't.
    sure she flirted with st john, but that was before she was let out fully her feelings with soinic. so get we could deal with it then. now 70 issues later. after an issue wear they were close to getting married and having kids. we have sally about to get in his monkey pants.

sorry ian i don't care what you say about about monkey being like sonic or whatever . it just doesn't make any sense

sorry if i came of too angry. this arc just makes me want :twancensored: :twancensored: :twancensored: :twancensored:

sorry
    henryii

Previous

Return to General Sonic Talk