• View unanswered postsView active topics
  • The SatAM boxset is going out of print

Site updates and announcements will be posted in here, as well as any SatAM-related news items that pop up.

The SatAM boxset is going out of print

Postby JESmith on July 24th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Just a heads up, but Shout Factory's license to put out the DiC cartoons is expiring at the end of the year, meaning the SatAM boxset will be going out of print. They're currently having a clearance sale on all their DiC DVDs.

For those who for whatever reason don't have it (And if so, why?), now's your last chance to grab it at a cheap price. I'm sure the NCircle single releases will still be available, but the thing is that it costs twice as much to get all of those, plus they don't have the bonus features on the Shout boxset such as the Ben Hurst and Jaleel White interviews.

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prodList.aspx?list_type=cathead&list_value=159
    Last edited by JESmith on July 25th, 2011, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JESmith

Re: The SatAM boxset is going out of print

Postby PorpoiseMuffins on July 24th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up, JE.
    "When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
    -Buckminster Fuller

*Porpoise avatar doodle by AmyRose82
    PorpoiseMuffins
    Founder, Admin

Postby Spectre907 on July 25th, 2011, 2:02 am

Going out of print!? Even though I have had it longer (i think?) than I've been a SMS member, I still have to say:
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg
    Spectre907

Postby Vulpes bicaudata on July 25th, 2011, 7:39 am

Time to buy a bunch then sell them a year later for a premium!
    Vulpes bicaudata

Postby Steelhog on July 25th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I need some help here!

I understand the price is 11.99 but my check won't come till the end or near the month. Will I still be able to purchase two after the deadline...I really, really want to get one for my niece (who will be 8 on the 28th of July)!

But there is one problem: I don't have a credit card. What am I going to do because it will really devastate me if I don't get one of those for her. Can someone send me the mailing address for Shout factory?

Let me know something. I don't want this opportunity to pass me up. Thanks!
    "Look Griff, what you did was wrong. But we are all in this war against Robotnik together."
    -Sonic, in Season 1, Episode 11, Warp Sonic

In Pittsburgh, there is nothing wrong with a Steelers victory. We are in war against the AFC North and all who challenges us! 1 faith and trust, win or lose!
    Steelhog

Postby PorpoiseMuffins on July 26th, 2011, 12:13 am

I would imagine that other retailers will still have them in stock, even if Shout runs out.
    "When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
    -Buckminster Fuller

*Porpoise avatar doodle by AmyRose82
    PorpoiseMuffins
    Founder, Admin

Postby tross on July 26th, 2011, 1:55 am

I have a credit card, but I'm cautious of where I use it now. So, I won't be using it on the internet. But I really need a copy! I've been putting it off, so I'll have to make amends in the next 5 months. I'm seriously contemplating driving 50km to the nearest HMV that has it. :nervous: I'll have to see about that. I'm bad with directions, but I suppose I'm willing to go on a journey to end my quest for the SatAM dvd boxset. :happy:
    tross

Postby Steelhog on July 27th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Porpoise Muffins!

I am kicking myself because I remember seeing the whole 26 DVD at Wal-Mart but didn't get it. Hopefully when the chance comes, I won't let it go by me again...I'm kicking myself even more because tomorrow is my niece's birthday...I'd have LOVED to get her one of those!
    "Look Griff, what you did was wrong. But we are all in this war against Robotnik together."
    -Sonic, in Season 1, Episode 11, Warp Sonic

In Pittsburgh, there is nothing wrong with a Steelers victory. We are in war against the AFC North and all who challenges us! 1 faith and trust, win or lose!
    Steelhog

Postby sonic_aaliyah_fan on July 30th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Maybe now it's time i stop watching the episodes on youtube and start shopping for the box set. Now i could take each SATam clip from youtube and convert it for my computer via zamzar.com, :unsure: but that would take days.
    sonic_aaliyah_fan

Postby DeborahHedgehog on August 11th, 2011, 5:17 am

Man, I really hope it's not too late for me to buy the boxset! :( I'm currently living in LA, now, and I've checked both Best Buy and Amoeba Records, and I didn't find it in either place. :( I'll keep looking, but if I don't find it in any stores, then where can I still buy it online? Any ideas, guys? Plus, I don't have a credit card, so that makes it even Better! :/
    DeborahHedgehog

Postby hyper ultra tails on August 11th, 2011, 5:31 am

DeborahHedgehog wrote:Man, I really hope it's not too late for me to buy the boxset! :( I'm currently living in LA, now, and I've checked both Best Buy and Amoeba Records, and I didn't find it in either place. :( I'll keep looking, but if I don't find it in any stores, then where can I still buy it online? Any ideas, guys? Plus, I don't have a credit card, so that makes it even Better! :/

i bet you could still get it on ebay

then again it might cost you a bit more then the price the shout factory store would have.

especially in mint condition if it its getting rare

(i have had experience buying old stuff when i was into old games and i know that's usually the result price of mint old stuff)

but like you said you don't have a credit card so the Internet might not be a option seeing how lots of sites like amazon,ebay etc need a credit card
    Xbox 360 gametag:vic viper x34
    Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/FlashTheHedgehogX?feature=mhee
    Steam Username:Vic Viper X
    hyper ultra tails

Postby supersonic7 on August 11th, 2011, 3:51 pm

hyper ultra tails wrote:
    DeborahHedgehog wrote:Man, I really hope it's not too late for me to buy the boxset! :( I'm currently living in LA, now, and I've checked both Best Buy and Amoeba Records, and I didn't find it in either place. :( I'll keep looking, but if I don't find it in any stores, then where can I still buy it online? Any ideas, guys? Plus, I don't have a credit card, so that makes it even Better! :/

i bet you could still get it on ebay

then again it might cost you a bit more then the price the shout factory store would have.

especially in mint condition if it its getting rare

(i have had experience buying old stuff when i was into old games and i know that's usually the result price of mint old stuff)

but like you said you don't have a credit card so the Internet might not be a option seeing how lots of sites like amazon,ebay etc need a credit card

1. Well you could just do this transfer some of your money from your bank card into paypal!

2. Ask somebudy you know if they can buy it for you and you pay them back ask Family Friends etc...
    not that hard...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    This is the Satam intro i remade into a Sprite version in Image Ready as the intro for my Satam Fan Game i was working on long ago.
    supersonic7

Postby tross on August 22nd, 2011, 1:00 am

^Both good options. :) Or you could do what I did. Look it up on HMV's website, or any retailer that actually allows you to check store stock online. I found out that only 1 HMV within 50km had it(which, go figure, turned out to be the hugest HMV I've ever seen), so I drove that distance to get it. :nervous: Actually, I wouldn't suggest doing that unless you have a good sense of direction, aren't paranoid of driving in the nearest main city, are willing to go that far out of your way, and don't have any other options. I was stubborn enough to avoid using amazon, since, call me old fashioned, I still don't trust online retailers, and I've been more cautious with my credit card after the PSN hack. That paypal thing doesn't sound like a bad idea though. Oh well, I got what I wanted eventually, after quite an adventure in Vancouver, and an ordeal trying to find my way back. :nervous:
    tross

Postby DaddlerTheDalek on September 18th, 2011, 12:24 pm

I gave a good friend of me the money & He ordered the DVD Box from Amazon! Now I wait for the delivery! A Import from the USA to Germany!
    Soon the Sonic SatAM DVD Box will be mine!
    Sonic & Star Trek Forever! XD
    Image ImageImage
    DaddlerTheDalek

Postby Skotty on September 18th, 2011, 1:57 pm

But you can't watch it on a DVD player, because it uses another format. NTSC... Europe uses PAL.

It should just work for computer.
    That's why I bought my complete edition from UK. There are not fan pictures like in the Shout Factory version but the content is the same.
    Skotty

Next

Return to News & Updates